To celebrate their 15th Anniversary, Slip-n-Slide Records plans to release the debut albums of six new artists; after Shonie, Qwote, Camar, Atiba, and Swazzy Baby‘s LPs hit stores, the label will drop the official debut of a singer who you may recognize from her acting résumé. Having made a name for herself with roles as Chantel in That’s So Raven and Lucy Avila in Step Up, Drew Sidora recently joined the ranks of actresses-turned-singers with her new single, Not Alone. Aside from the fact that it could be a cleverly-disguised diss towards her former beau, Yung Berg (listen hard for the Tha Bizness, Sexy Lady, Sexy Can I, and Yung Boss Records references), the Chicago native displays sharp swagger comparable to a few of city’s rap icons. Featuring Atiba’s guest vocals and The Flynstones’ beat, Not Alone is sure to get spins on radio stations nationwide, establishing SNS’ reputation not only as a multi-genre label, but also as a multi-regional one – after all, it’s already one of the Midwest’s most added-singles.
Written by Burmy on 01/22/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.