To celebrate their 15th Anniversary, Slip-n-Slide Records plans to release the debut albums of six new artists; after Shonie, Qwote, Camar, Atiba, and Swazzy Baby‘s LPs hit stores, the label will drop the official debut of a singer who you may recognize from her acting résumé. Having made a name for herself with roles as Chantel in That’s So Raven and Lucy Avila in Step Up, Drew Sidora recently joined the ranks of actresses-turned-singers with her new single, Not Alone. Aside from the fact that it could be a cleverly-disguised diss towards her former beau, Yung Berg (listen hard for the Tha Bizness, Sexy Lady, Sexy Can I, and Yung Boss Records references), the Chicago native displays sharp swagger comparable to a few of city’s rap icons. Featuring Atiba’s guest vocals and The Flynstones’ beat, Not Alone is sure to get spins on radio stations nationwide, establishing SNS’ reputation not only as a multi-genre label, but also as a multi-regional one – after all, it’s already one of the Midwest’s most added-singles.
Written by Burmy on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.