Las Vegas may be popularly known as Sin City but, according to Drew Scott, it is ruled by a higher power. On his latest mixtape single, the Love Alone crooner asks the God of Vegas to take a break from answering (or, more likely, rebuffing) gamblers’ prayers to intercede on behalf of a certain “bad b*tch.” As usual, the artist does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, complementing his plaintive vocals with gauzy synths and a subtly driving rhythm section. Carla Carter directs the joint’s surreal visual accompaniment. Interest piqued? More smooth, atmospheric jams await on Scott’s Places I’ve Ever Been LP, available now for streaming and download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.