Las Vegas may be popularly known as Sin City but, according to Drew Scott, it is ruled by a higher power. On his latest mixtape single, the Love Alone crooner asks the God of Vegas to take a break from answering (or, more likely, rebuffing) gamblers’ prayers to intercede on behalf of a certain “bad b*tch.” As usual, the artist does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, complementing his plaintive vocals with gauzy synths and a subtly driving rhythm section. Carla Carter directs the joint’s surreal visual accompaniment. Interest piqued? More smooth, atmospheric jams await on Scott’s Places I’ve Ever Been LP, available now for streaming and download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.