Last we heard from Drew Godson, well, he wasn’t Drew Godson; he was going by MANNY. A year and a name change removed from his last feature, Holy Pirate, the emcee re-emerges with freshly-minted promo single A Free’d Style (The Son’s Revenge). Appropriately given the title, this joint sees the Big Apple lyricist delivering some of the most dynamic, unfettered bars we’ve heard from him in a hot minute. Pat Streater mans the mixing boards, introing his birdsong-sampled instrumental with a snippet of Queen’s I Want to Break Free. This joint is just a loosie, but Drew assures us that “something tight is in the works.” Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to find out what that “something” is.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.