Last we heard from Drew Godson, well, he wasn’t Drew Godson; he was going by MANNY. A year and a name change removed from his last feature, Holy Pirate, the emcee re-emerges with freshly-minted promo single A Free’d Style (The Son’s Revenge). Appropriately given the title, this joint sees the Big Apple lyricist delivering some of the most dynamic, unfettered bars we’ve heard from him in a hot minute. Pat Streater mans the mixing boards, introing his birdsong-sampled instrumental with a snippet of Queen’s I Want to Break Free. This joint is just a loosie, but Drew assures us that “something tight is in the works.” Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to find out what that “something” is.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)