Last we heard from Drew Godson, well, he wasn’t Drew Godson; he was going by MANNY. A year and a name change removed from his last feature, Holy Pirate, the emcee re-emerges with freshly-minted promo single A Free’d Style (The Son’s Revenge). Appropriately given the title, this joint sees the Big Apple lyricist delivering some of the most dynamic, unfettered bars we’ve heard from him in a hot minute. Pat Streater mans the mixing boards, introing his birdsong-sampled instrumental with a snippet of Queen’s I Want to Break Free. This joint is just a loosie, but Drew assures us that “something tight is in the works.” Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to find out what that “something” is.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.