Last we heard from Drew Godson, well, he wasn’t Drew Godson; he was going by MANNY. A year and a name change removed from his last feature, Holy Pirate, the emcee re-emerges with freshly-minted promo single A Free’d Style (The Son’s Revenge). Appropriately given the title, this joint sees the Big Apple lyricist delivering some of the most dynamic, unfettered bars we’ve heard from him in a hot minute. Pat Streater mans the mixing boards, introing his birdsong-sampled instrumental with a snippet of Queen’s I Want to Break Free. This joint is just a loosie, but Drew assures us that “something tight is in the works.” Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to find out what that “something” is.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.