If Hometown Glory left you jonesing for more, you can breathe a sigh of relief – Drekidd‘s back in the Booth to give fans The Fix they’ve been waiting for! On the title track and second official leak off his forthcoming street album, the Inglewood up-and-comer lets listeners know just how determined he is to put the City of Champions on the map, talking himself and his hometown up in three larger-than-life verses. Heart Beat once again works his magic behind the boards, backing Dre’s bouncy braggadocio with a driving beat sampled from Derek and the Dominos’ 1972 hit single, Layla (I wasn’t sure, so I had to call a classic rock-loving friend and hold my cell up to the computer speaker – props to Adam for IDing that one!). Complete with a hilarious pseudo-cameo from none other than Kanye West, this swagger-drenched rap-rock banger will doubtless score Drekidd another round of reader plaudits. For more from this talented up-and-comer, download a copy ofThe Fix (the mixtape) when it hits the ‘net (and the Booth) Oct. 15.
Written by richard on 09/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hometown Glory" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.