With the corruption and injustice that continue to plague our society, could it be time to cut our losses and begin anew? Drekidd thinks so—on the inaugural leak off his forthcoming mixtape, the Inglewood buzzmaker expresses his desire to turn the Lights Out on the old system and make a fresh. Complete with an understated, Yeah Yeah Yeahs-sampled instrumental by Heart Beat, this thoughtful joint is just one of many quality cuts in store on Drekidd’s Liberation mixtape, set to hit the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hometown Glory" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.