With the corruption and injustice that continue to plague our society, could it be time to cut our losses and begin anew? Drekidd thinks so—on the inaugural leak off his forthcoming mixtape, the Inglewood buzzmaker expresses his desire to turn the Lights Out on the old system and make a fresh. Complete with an understated, Yeah Yeah Yeahs-sampled instrumental by Heart Beat, this thoughtful joint is just one of many quality cuts in store on Drekidd’s Liberation mixtape, set to hit the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hometown Glory" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.