If you’ve heard Drekidd’s previous efforts on the Booth – let’s pull up American Dream and Lights Out – you know that the Cali representative has a penchant for turning out enjoyable records that still contain some seriously deep messages. But even the most dedicated revolutionary has to take the time to just kick back and relax. In fact, for at least tonight, Everybody Chillin‘ in Dre’s vicinity. Constant production company HeartBeat takes his foot off the gas for Chillin’s beat, powering some serious vibed out keys with a contrastingly uptempo production line. It’s a vibe so nice that fellow Angeleno Co$$ has to get in on the action, describing his plans to please the small army of female fans that can be found following him. It’s a template that Drekidd fills in as well with appropriately laid back verses that refuse to swim in the shallow end, but are still more than happy to float in the deep end. Fans can expect a plethora of more outspoken music on Drekidd’s upcoming project, Liberation, set to break free on our sister site RefinedHype on October 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hometown Glory" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.