When I caught the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens back in summer 2011, I found myself oddly intrigued—with such a ridiculous premise, it had equal likelihood of being utterly brilliant and flat-out awful. While I never got around to watching it, Dredai dug the flick enough to borrow its title for his first Booth feature. Making its world premiere on our front page, the inaugural leak off Dre’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored full-length finds the Texan-born, Utah-based spitter showcasing his Southern-fried swagger over the street-ready string/arpeggiated-synth production of Ness Lee (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a sung hook). In addition to flaunting his whip and showing us around his home streets, the emcee engages in some of the most intricately-rhymed gun talk I’ve heard in a long minute: “Am I packin a Mac in the back of the Ac’? No. / Stashin’ a gat in the dash of the ‘Lac? Yes. / If I happen to blast I got class, man I’m packin’ a Derringer.” Has this cinematically-inspired Booth debut left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned; there’s one more world premiere to come before the Feb. 9, arrival of Dre’s Cigars n Cognac LP.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Submit your Rating
Whyte House Music Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cigars n Cognac" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.