Fresh off roping some extraterrestrials on Cowboys & Aliens, the reader-approved inaugural leak off his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album, Dredai comes back down to Earth to offer some insight into his hustle on the project’s title track. Making its world premiere right here in the DJBooth, Cigars n Cognac finds producer K.A.R.M.A. Omega slicing and dicing a Chipmunk-soul sample as the Texan-born, Houston-based rhymesayer outlines the approach that took him from “the bottom of the basement” to his current position of power. Along with the expected pearls of motivational wisdom (“[N]ever make decisions, only motions”), Dre reveals some more personal details, including an idiosyncratic opposition to body art: “No tattoos on my body / ‘Cause why would I put bumper stickers on a Ferrari?” And he does it all in dynamic flow that’ll have listeners hanging on his every syllable. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh tunes await on Cigars n Cognac (the album), set to hit our mixtape page February 9, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
Whyte House Music Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cowboys and Aliens" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.