Fresh off roping some extraterrestrials on Cowboys & Aliens, the reader-approved inaugural leak off his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album, Dredai comes back down to Earth to offer some insight into his hustle on the project’s title track. Making its world premiere right here in the DJBooth, Cigars n Cognac finds producer K.A.R.M.A. Omega slicing and dicing a Chipmunk-soul sample as the Texan-born, Houston-based rhymesayer outlines the approach that took him from “the bottom of the basement” to his current position of power. Along with the expected pearls of motivational wisdom (“[N]ever make decisions, only motions”), Dre reveals some more personal details, including an idiosyncratic opposition to body art: “No tattoos on my body / ‘Cause why would I put bumper stickers on a Ferrari?” And he does it all in dynamic flow that’ll have listeners hanging on his every syllable. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh tunes await on Cigars n Cognac (the album), set to hit our mixtape page February 9, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
Whyte House Music Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cowboys and Aliens" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.