Tay Dizm‘s debut single found him saying, “Beam Me Up” to some passing extraterrestrials; on the newly-released follow-up, Dizm is once again flying higher than a kite, but for an entirely different reason: he’s finally found his Dream Girl. The Florida emcee doesn’t break any new thematic ground here, spending most of the record lavishing compliments on his love interest and promising to provide everything she desires as long as they’re together. What is refreshing about Dream Girl, however, is the energy with which he woos his special someone; rather than lazily drawling sweet nothings into her ear, he barks them in a rapid-fire, almost Luda-esque fashion. Akon‘s swooning, synth-driven production and sultry hook are all we’ve come to expect from the Konvict Muzik megastar, who imbues the cut with plenty of hit potential. Dream Girl is set for inclusion of Dizm’s currently-untitled, digital-only debut, which will be the first album released under Nappy Boy Digital.
Written by richard on 01/8/09
Submit your Rating
Nappy Boy Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nappy Life ft. T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.