Tay Dizm‘s debut single found him saying, “Beam Me Up” to some passing extraterrestrials; on the newly-released follow-up, Dizm is once again flying higher than a kite, but for an entirely different reason: he’s finally found his Dream Girl. The Florida emcee doesn’t break any new thematic ground here, spending most of the record lavishing compliments on his love interest and promising to provide everything she desires as long as they’re together. What is refreshing about Dream Girl, however, is the energy with which he woos his special someone; rather than lazily drawling sweet nothings into her ear, he barks them in a rapid-fire, almost Luda-esque fashion. Akon‘s swooning, synth-driven production and sultry hook are all we’ve come to expect from the Konvict Muzik megastar, who imbues the cut with plenty of hit potential. Dream Girl is set for inclusion of Dizm’s currently-untitled, digital-only debut, which will be the first album released under Nappy Boy Digital.
Written by richard on 01/8/09
Submit your Rating
Nappy Boy Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nappy Life ft. T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.