Contrary to popular belief, while we do work together, and share very similar musical tastes, the homey DJ Z and I don’t always agree; like when it comes to The-Dream’s new single Make Up Bag (he’s apparently finally moving onto the second single now that’s he’s milked Love King for everything it’s worth). Now don’t get it twisted. Z’s a man of good taste, so like myself he’s enjoying Dream’s softly sparkling production, unstoppably smooth vocals and yet another on point guest verse from the recently released T.I. Instead, it’s the song’s theme he’s not connecting with. While on one level I can’t disagree – buying women bags for their make-up isn’t exactly Shakespearean – I feel like Dream’s developed the R. Kelly-esque ability to make even the most ridiculous topics sound good. So who are you with Booth? Me or Z? Has the Radio Killa finally fallen short of perfection, or is his winning streak still intact? One things for sure, both of us can’t wait for Dream’s Love King album to drop on June 22. Keep it locked for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.