Contrary to popular belief, while we do work together, and share very similar musical tastes, the homey DJ Z and I don’t always agree; like when it comes to The-Dream’s new single Make Up Bag (he’s apparently finally moving onto the second single now that’s he’s milked Love King for everything it’s worth). Now don’t get it twisted. Z’s a man of good taste, so like myself he’s enjoying Dream’s softly sparkling production, unstoppably smooth vocals and yet another on point guest verse from the recently released T.I. Instead, it’s the song’s theme he’s not connecting with. While on one level I can’t disagree – buying women bags for their make-up isn’t exactly Shakespearean – I feel like Dream’s developed the R. Kelly-esque ability to make even the most ridiculous topics sound good. So who are you with Booth? Me or Z? Has the Radio Killa finally fallen short of perfection, or is his winning streak still intact? One things for sure, both of us can’t wait for Dream’s Love King album to drop on June 22. Keep it locked for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.