We’ve been down this road before. A beloved artist promises that his next album will be his last, but years later we’re still seeing albums from the once supposed retiree (I’m looking at you Jay and Lupe). But for now we just don’t know if The-Dream will follow through on his promise to retire from solo work after his upcoming album, or end up Brett Farving, so we’ll have to treat every moment like it’s his last. Hence my excitement about his new single and title track Love King, a sparkling cut that includes every component of a trademark Dream smash hit: Production collabo with
L.O.S. Da Mystro? Minimal piano line? Softly crooned harmonies about lovely ladies? Plenty of “a, a, a,”s? Yep, all of the above. It’s nothing revolutionary, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t loving every second. How about the rest of the Booth? We can expect the “Will he actually retire?” speculation to hit a fevered pitch when Love King drops sometime this May. Let the hype begin.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.