We’ve been down this road before. A beloved artist promises that his next album will be his last, but years later we’re still seeing albums from the once supposed retiree (I’m looking at you Jay and Lupe). But for now we just don’t know if The-Dream will follow through on his promise to retire from solo work after his upcoming album, or end up Brett Farving, so we’ll have to treat every moment like it’s his last. Hence my excitement about his new single and title track Love King, a sparkling cut that includes every component of a trademark Dream smash hit: Production collabo with
L.O.S. Da Mystro? Minimal piano line? Softly crooned harmonies about lovely ladies? Plenty of “a, a, a,”s? Yep, all of the above. It’s nothing revolutionary, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t loving every second. How about the rest of the Booth? We can expect the “Will he actually retire?” speculation to hit a fevered pitch when Love King drops sometime this May. Let the hype begin.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.