We’ve been down this road before. A beloved artist promises that his next album will be his last, but years later we’re still seeing albums from the once supposed retiree (I’m looking at you Jay and Lupe). But for now we just don’t know if The-Dream will follow through on his promise to retire from solo work after his upcoming album, or end up Brett Farving, so we’ll have to treat every moment like it’s his last. Hence my excitement about his new single and title track Love King, a sparkling cut that includes every component of a trademark Dream smash hit: Production collabo with
L.O.S. Da Mystro? Minimal piano line? Softly crooned harmonies about lovely ladies? Plenty of “a, a, a,”s? Yep, all of the above. It’s nothing revolutionary, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t loving every second. How about the rest of the Booth? We can expect the “Will he actually retire?” speculation to hit a fevered pitch when Love King drops sometime this May. Let the hype begin.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.