Remember back in the day (April) when I said that The-Dream’s Love King (Remix) with Jeezy was only a prelude, and that the “official official” remix would feature none other than Ludacris? Would I lie to you? (Why am I writing in rhetorical questions?) Anyway, the point is that we now have in our virtual hands the aforementioned second Love King (Remix), and it was well worth the wait. On the production side of the coin this is an actual “remix”, meaning L.O.S. da Mystro gives the beat a fresh coat of paint, while on the microphone side of things Dream is as smooth as even and the Ludameister, predictably, absolutely murders the track with a spitfire flow (why does he always save his best work for other peoples songs?). So now the inevitable question: which is better? The original, the remix, or the double-remix? Will The-Dream deliver another classic album when Love King drops on June 22? Will I ever stop asking questions? We’ll find out soon.
Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.