Remember back in the day (April) when I said that The-Dream’s Love King (Remix) with Jeezy was only a prelude, and that the “official official” remix would feature none other than Ludacris? Would I lie to you? (Why am I writing in rhetorical questions?) Anyway, the point is that we now have in our virtual hands the aforementioned second Love King (Remix), and it was well worth the wait. On the production side of the coin this is an actual “remix”, meaning L.O.S. da Mystro gives the beat a fresh coat of paint, while on the microphone side of things Dream is as smooth as even and the Ludameister, predictably, absolutely murders the track with a spitfire flow (why does he always save his best work for other peoples songs?). So now the inevitable question: which is better? The original, the remix, or the double-remix? Will The-Dream deliver another classic album when Love King drops on June 22? Will I ever stop asking questions? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.