Remember back in the day (April) when I said that The-Dream’s Love King (Remix) with Jeezy was only a prelude, and that the “official official” remix would feature none other than Ludacris? Would I lie to you? (Why am I writing in rhetorical questions?) Anyway, the point is that we now have in our virtual hands the aforementioned second Love King (Remix), and it was well worth the wait. On the production side of the coin this is an actual “remix”, meaning L.O.S. da Mystro gives the beat a fresh coat of paint, while on the microphone side of things Dream is as smooth as even and the Ludameister, predictably, absolutely murders the track with a spitfire flow (why does he always save his best work for other peoples songs?). So now the inevitable question: which is better? The original, the remix, or the double-remix? Will The-Dream deliver another classic album when Love King drops on June 22? Will I ever stop asking questions? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.