Remember back in the day (April) when I said that The-Dream’s Love King (Remix) with Jeezy was only a prelude, and that the “official official” remix would feature none other than Ludacris? Would I lie to you? (Why am I writing in rhetorical questions?) Anyway, the point is that we now have in our virtual hands the aforementioned second Love King (Remix), and it was well worth the wait. On the production side of the coin this is an actual “remix”, meaning L.O.S. da Mystro gives the beat a fresh coat of paint, while on the microphone side of things Dream is as smooth as even and the Ludameister, predictably, absolutely murders the track with a spitfire flow (why does he always save his best work for other peoples songs?). So now the inevitable question: which is better? The original, the remix, or the double-remix? Will The-Dream deliver another classic album when Love King drops on June 22? Will I ever stop asking questions? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.