Remember back in the day (April) when I said that The-Dream’s Love King (Remix) with Jeezy was only a prelude, and that the “official official” remix would feature none other than Ludacris? Would I lie to you? (Why am I writing in rhetorical questions?) Anyway, the point is that we now have in our virtual hands the aforementioned second Love King (Remix), and it was well worth the wait. On the production side of the coin this is an actual “remix”, meaning L.O.S. da Mystro gives the beat a fresh coat of paint, while on the microphone side of things Dream is as smooth as even and the Ludameister, predictably, absolutely murders the track with a spitfire flow (why does he always save his best work for other peoples songs?). So now the inevitable question: which is better? The original, the remix, or the double-remix? Will The-Dream deliver another classic album when Love King drops on June 22? Will I ever stop asking questions? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.