We’ve been down this road before. A beloved artist promises that his next album will be his last, but years later we’re still seeing albums from the once supposed retiree (I’m looking at you Jay and Lupe). But for now we just don’t know if The-Dream will follow through on his promise to retire from solo work after his upcoming album, or end up Brett Farving, so we’ll have to treat every moment like it’s his last. Hence my excitement about his new single and title track Love King, a sparkling cut that includes every component of a trademark Dream smash hit: Production collabo with
L.O.S. Da Mystro? Minimal piano line? Softly crooned harmonies about lovely ladies? Plenty of “a, a, a,”s? Yep, all of the above. It’s nothing revolutionary, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t loving every second. How about the rest of the Booth? We can expect the “Will he actually retire?” speculation to hit a fevered pitch when Love King drops sometime this May. Let the hype begin.
Listen to More: The Dream
Written by Nathan S. on 02/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)