You’ve gotta love a two-for-one—though The-Dream wasn’t able to drop the fourth installment in his Love series today (as was originally planned) due to label red tape, the pop heavyweight made up for it by dropping off a brand new double-single. As the “x” indicates, Body Work x F*ck My Brains Out is presented not as two separate records but rather a single 10-minute electro-pop epic. The opening number finds Terius Nash in his slower bedroom banger mode, requesting that his girl put her beautiful frame to work over a moody, seductive blending of sizzling synths and reverb-drenched percussion. Partie deux, on the other hand, is a full-bore electro-funk scorcher cut from the same (purple) cloth as Prince’s greatest hits; backed by funk guitar, driving percussion and yet more sizzling keyboards, Dream makes full use of his dazzling falsetto as he describes a tryst of head-exploding proportions. Together, this audaciously freaky twosome leave me wondering if L.IV: Diary of a Madman (coming this fall) might not be Dream’s best album yet. But enough outta me—your verdict, Booth readers?
Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.