You’ve gotta love a two-for-one—though The-Dream wasn’t able to drop the fourth installment in his Love series today (as was originally planned) due to label red tape, the pop heavyweight made up for it by dropping off a brand new double-single. As the “x” indicates, Body Work x F*ck My Brains Out is presented not as two separate records but rather a single 10-minute electro-pop epic. The opening number finds Terius Nash in his slower bedroom banger mode, requesting that his girl put her beautiful frame to work over a moody, seductive blending of sizzling synths and reverb-drenched percussion. Partie deux, on the other hand, is a full-bore electro-funk scorcher cut from the same (purple) cloth as Prince’s greatest hits; backed by funk guitar, driving percussion and yet more sizzling keyboards, Dream makes full use of his dazzling falsetto as he describes a tryst of head-exploding proportions. Together, this audaciously freaky twosome leave me wondering if L.IV: Diary of a Madman (coming this fall) might not be Dream’s best album yet. But enough outta me—your verdict, Booth readers?
Written by richard on 06/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)