You’ve gotta love a two-for-one—though The-Dream wasn’t able to drop the fourth installment in his Love series today (as was originally planned) due to label red tape, the pop heavyweight made up for it by dropping off a brand new double-single. As the “x” indicates, Body Work x F*ck My Brains Out is presented not as two separate records but rather a single 10-minute electro-pop epic. The opening number finds Terius Nash in his slower bedroom banger mode, requesting that his girl put her beautiful frame to work over a moody, seductive blending of sizzling synths and reverb-drenched percussion. Partie deux, on the other hand, is a full-bore electro-funk scorcher cut from the same (purple) cloth as Prince’s greatest hits; backed by funk guitar, driving percussion and yet more sizzling keyboards, Dream makes full use of his dazzling falsetto as he describes a tryst of head-exploding proportions. Together, this audaciously freaky twosome leave me wondering if L.IV: Diary of a Madman (coming this fall) might not be Dream’s best album yet. But enough outta me—your verdict, Booth readers?
Written by richard on 06/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.