You’ve gotta love a two-for-one—though The-Dream wasn’t able to drop the fourth installment in his Love series today (as was originally planned) due to label red tape, the pop heavyweight made up for it by dropping off a brand new double-single. As the “x” indicates, Body Work x F*ck My Brains Out is presented not as two separate records but rather a single 10-minute electro-pop epic. The opening number finds Terius Nash in his slower bedroom banger mode, requesting that his girl put her beautiful frame to work over a moody, seductive blending of sizzling synths and reverb-drenched percussion. Partie deux, on the other hand, is a full-bore electro-funk scorcher cut from the same (purple) cloth as Prince’s greatest hits; backed by funk guitar, driving percussion and yet more sizzling keyboards, Dream makes full use of his dazzling falsetto as he describes a tryst of head-exploding proportions. Together, this audaciously freaky twosome leave me wondering if L.IV: Diary of a Madman (coming this fall) might not be Dream’s best album yet. But enough outta me—your verdict, Booth readers?
Written by richard on 06/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.