Falling in love with a song is a lot like falling in love with a person: you can talk about the object of your affection till you’re blue in the face, but it’s impossible to encapsulate in words exactly what it is about that individual, or that record, that makes you feel So Good. Drea attempts to crack the code to Boothgoers’ hearts with her latest single and debut feature, a record that’s all about the “special something” that fuels attraction. Over Frank G.‘s dreamy, ‘90s-hip-hop infused production, the Garden State singer showcases a breezy, conversational vocal style as she pays tribute to a man who affects her like no other guy she’s met. How about it, readers: has Drea succeeded in hooking you with this laid-back jam? If so, you can find plenty more where this came from on Beauty and the Beats, available now for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
the ISH Productions
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.