On his last non-freestyle feature, It’s Getting Old, Dre-Ski sounded a little exasperated with the unceasing grind that comes with being an up-and-coming emcee. Fortunately for the Virgina Beach native and his fans, new mixtape leak Why We Hustle (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!) finds Ski fully re-energized and more driven than ever to claim his rightful place at the top of the game. A propulsive, soul-sampled beat by production group The Common Wealth keeps the momentum up as Dre delivers his determined bars, acknowledging the frustrations that are part and parcel of the independent grind but expressing confidence that the man upstairs has his back. Dre-Ski’s latest mixtape, the Booth-cosponsored Calm Your Taste Budz, is set to hit our front page February 5. In addition, fans should be sure to check back with us this Thursday, when we premiere the official music video for the emcee’s Booth-exclusive Hotline freestyle.
Written by richard on 01/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.