If you’re worried that Dre-Ski‘s latest album leak, making its world premiere in the Booth, won’t live up to its title, allow me to allay your doubts; Music & Sound does indeed consist of a pattern of audible vibrations, arranged in time to create an aesthetically appealing end product. Oh, you’d like a more “top-down” description? OK, fine. This street-certified jam, backed by the stark, synth-soaked boardwork of The Madman finds the Virginia Beach buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) talking up his skills and his towering ambition in bars laced with witty boasts and polysyllabic rhymes. Fellow DMV rising star Nike Nando takes center stage for verse two, aiming some harsh words at rappers he sees as “...talkin’ all hard when they really ain’t poppin’ sh*t.” If you’re digging what Dre’s bringing to the table, keep it locked as the weather grows warmer; his latest studio album, Cloud 8.7, is scheduled to hit online retailers sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.