If you’re worried that Dre-Ski‘s latest album leak, making its world premiere in the Booth, won’t live up to its title, allow me to allay your doubts; Music & Sound does indeed consist of a pattern of audible vibrations, arranged in time to create an aesthetically appealing end product. Oh, you’d like a more “top-down” description? OK, fine. This street-certified jam, backed by the stark, synth-soaked boardwork of The Madman finds the Virginia Beach buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) talking up his skills and his towering ambition in bars laced with witty boasts and polysyllabic rhymes. Fellow DMV rising star Nike Nando takes center stage for verse two, aiming some harsh words at rappers he sees as “...talkin’ all hard when they really ain’t poppin’ sh*t.” If you’re digging what Dre’s bringing to the table, keep it locked as the weather grows warmer; his latest studio album, Cloud 8.7, is scheduled to hit online retailers sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.