If you’re worried that Dre-Ski‘s latest album leak, making its world premiere in the Booth, won’t live up to its title, allow me to allay your doubts; Music & Sound does indeed consist of a pattern of audible vibrations, arranged in time to create an aesthetically appealing end product. Oh, you’d like a more “top-down” description? OK, fine. This street-certified jam, backed by the stark, synth-soaked boardwork of The Madman finds the Virginia Beach buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) talking up his skills and his towering ambition in bars laced with witty boasts and polysyllabic rhymes. Fellow DMV rising star Nike Nando takes center stage for verse two, aiming some harsh words at rappers he sees as “...talkin’ all hard when they really ain’t poppin’ sh*t.” If you’re digging what Dre’s bringing to the table, keep it locked as the weather grows warmer; his latest studio album, Cloud 8.7, is scheduled to hit online retailers sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.