Early this month, Dre-Ski hit a home run in the Booth with his first feature, the hypnotically head-nodding, J. Cole-produced Empty Paradise. Now, the D.C. rapper’s back to turn his smash-hit Booth debut into a winning streak with It’s Getting Old, a lyrically downtrodden but catchy-as-all-get-out meditation on the seemingly endless waiting game that comes with being an up-and-coming rap artist. In addition to Ski’s heartfelt, easily-relatable rhymes, this track boasts some downright stellar boardwork from fledgling beatsmith Haidar “The Madman” Naghmi – for his production debut, HH blends a sped-up sample with reverb-drenched percussion and equally high-pitched ‘Ay!’ accents to create a left-of-center Chipmunk-style beat that going to be on ‘repeat’ in my head for the next couple days. It’s Getting Old is set to be included on Dre-Ski’s forthcoming Cloud 8.7 mixalbum, but in the meantime fans can enjoy his Follow Me mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.