Early this month, Dre-Ski hit a home run in the Booth with his first feature, the hypnotically head-nodding, J. Cole-produced Empty Paradise. Now, the D.C. rapper’s back to turn his smash-hit Booth debut into a winning streak with It’s Getting Old, a lyrically downtrodden but catchy-as-all-get-out meditation on the seemingly endless waiting game that comes with being an up-and-coming rap artist. In addition to Ski’s heartfelt, easily-relatable rhymes, this track boasts some downright stellar boardwork from fledgling beatsmith Haidar “The Madman” Naghmi – for his production debut, HH blends a sped-up sample with reverb-drenched percussion and equally high-pitched ‘Ay!’ accents to create a left-of-center Chipmunk-style beat that going to be on ‘repeat’ in my head for the next couple days. It’s Getting Old is set to be included on Dre-Ski’s forthcoming Cloud 8.7 mixalbum, but in the meantime fans can enjoy his Follow Me mixtape, available now online.
Listen to More: Dre-Ski
Written by richard on 10/28/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.