A laissez-faire approach to relationships may make for good times in the short term, but behind every player and “playette” lie numerous burned bridges and broken hearts. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Go On & Try (making its world premiere right here in the Booth) finds Dre-Ski fresh off a breakup with one such chick, disheartened but ultimately glad to have her dishonesty out of his life. Backed by the soulful boardwork of Marcus Jones, sampled from from Les McAnn’s Go On and Cry, the freestyle series alumnus informs the girl in question that, now that he knows she’s been doing him dirty, he’s made up his mind not to be fooled again: “Break up to make-up, nah, not again / I can’t stand to see your face ‘cause you’re not my friend… it’s a promise, we’re done, no, it’s not a threat.” A catchy jam that many will likely find all-too-relatable, Try is just one of many fresh cuts set to appear on Ski’s next street album, the DJBooth.net-sponsored Cloud 8.7. Watch for the project to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download February 9!
Written by richard on 01/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.