A laissez-faire approach to relationships may make for good times in the short term, but behind every player and “playette” lie numerous burned bridges and broken hearts. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Go On & Try (making its world premiere right here in the Booth) finds Dre-Ski fresh off a breakup with one such chick, disheartened but ultimately glad to have her dishonesty out of his life. Backed by the soulful boardwork of Marcus Jones, sampled from from Les McAnn’s Go On and Cry, the freestyle series alumnus informs the girl in question that, now that he knows she’s been doing him dirty, he’s made up his mind not to be fooled again: “Break up to make-up, nah, not again / I can’t stand to see your face ‘cause you’re not my friend… it’s a promise, we’re done, no, it’s not a threat.” A catchy jam that many will likely find all-too-relatable, Try is just one of many fresh cuts set to appear on Ski’s next street album, the DJBooth.net-sponsored Cloud 8.7. Watch for the project to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download February 9!
Written by richard on 01/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)