A laissez-faire approach to relationships may make for good times in the short term, but behind every player and “playette” lie numerous burned bridges and broken hearts. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Go On & Try (making its world premiere right here in the Booth) finds Dre-Ski fresh off a breakup with one such chick, disheartened but ultimately glad to have her dishonesty out of his life. Backed by the soulful boardwork of Marcus Jones, sampled from from Les McAnn’s Go On and Cry, the freestyle series alumnus informs the girl in question that, now that he knows she’s been doing him dirty, he’s made up his mind not to be fooled again: “Break up to make-up, nah, not again / I can’t stand to see your face ‘cause you’re not my friend… it’s a promise, we’re done, no, it’s not a threat.” A catchy jam that many will likely find all-too-relatable, Try is just one of many fresh cuts set to appear on Ski’s next street album, the DJBooth.net-sponsored Cloud 8.7. Watch for the project to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download February 9!
Written by richard on 01/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Empty Paradise" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.