The DJBooth Hotel is a luxurious five-star resort that many an up-and-comer is looking to visit. Unfortunately, there aren’t always vacancies. But if you happen to be an exceptional talent like Booth newcomer DRE, there are always Rooms available. Though he is only 18, DRE sounds like an R&B veteran on his latest cut, showcasing a style that’s unique but understated. Built around a muffled synth, The Graduates’ atmospheric production allows the artist to take center stage. Dre’s subdued, yet emotional and smooth vocal performance is the record’s hands-down highlight. Rooms is part of DRE’s forthcoming project, The Boy Grown, scheduled to drop on Valentine’s Day. Mark your calenders, lovers.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.