The DJBooth Hotel is a luxurious five-star resort that many an up-and-comer is looking to visit. Unfortunately, there aren’t always vacancies. But if you happen to be an exceptional talent like Booth newcomer DRE, there are always Rooms available. Though he is only 18, DRE sounds like an R&B veteran on his latest cut, showcasing a style that’s unique but understated. Built around a muffled synth, The Graduates’ atmospheric production allows the artist to take center stage. Dre’s subdued, yet emotional and smooth vocal performance is the record’s hands-down highlight. Rooms is part of DRE’s forthcoming project, The Boy Grown, scheduled to drop on Valentine’s Day. Mark your calenders, lovers.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.