The DJBooth Hotel is a luxurious five-star resort that many an up-and-comer is looking to visit. Unfortunately, there aren’t always vacancies. But if you happen to be an exceptional talent like Booth newcomer DRE, there are always Rooms available. Though he is only 18, DRE sounds like an R&B veteran on his latest cut, showcasing a style that’s unique but understated. Built around a muffled synth, The Graduates’ atmospheric production allows the artist to take center stage. Dre’s subdued, yet emotional and smooth vocal performance is the record’s hands-down highlight. Rooms is part of DRE’s forthcoming project, The Boy Grown, scheduled to drop on Valentine’s Day. Mark your calenders, lovers.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.