The DJBooth Hotel is a luxurious five-star resort that many an up-and-comer is looking to visit. Unfortunately, there aren’t always vacancies. But if you happen to be an exceptional talent like Booth newcomer DRE, there are always Rooms available. Though he is only 18, DRE sounds like an R&B veteran on his latest cut, showcasing a style that’s unique but understated. Built around a muffled synth, The Graduates’ atmospheric production allows the artist to take center stage. Dre’s subdued, yet emotional and smooth vocal performance is the record’s hands-down highlight. Rooms is part of DRE’s forthcoming project, The Boy Grown, scheduled to drop on Valentine’s Day. Mark your calenders, lovers.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.