The DJBooth Hotel is a luxurious five-star resort that many an up-and-comer is looking to visit. Unfortunately, there aren’t always vacancies. But if you happen to be an exceptional talent like Booth newcomer DRE, there are always Rooms available. Though he is only 18, DRE sounds like an R&B veteran on his latest cut, showcasing a style that’s unique but understated. Built around a muffled synth, The Graduates’ atmospheric production allows the artist to take center stage. Dre’s subdued, yet emotional and smooth vocal performance is the record’s hands-down highlight. Rooms is part of DRE’s forthcoming project, The Boy Grown, scheduled to drop on Valentine’s Day. Mark your calenders, lovers.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.