A Houston-born buzzmaker signed to indie label Collision Records, Dre Murray makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with the latest entry in his Murray Mondays series. As befitting a debut feature, Reality offers listeners some crucial insights into what makes the emcee tick. Over Dirty Rice‘s pensive keyboard/sample boardwork, he rhymes about the two things that motivate him above all else: his Christian faith and his musical hustle. Two fellow newcomers who share his priorities, Alex Faith and B.C., deliver guest 16s, and gospel/soul singer Sean C. Johnson lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling this up-and-comer’s potent combo of lyricism and spirituality? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further Murray Mondays highlights in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)