A Houston-born buzzmaker signed to indie label Collision Records, Dre Murray makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with the latest entry in his Murray Mondays series. As befitting a debut feature, Reality offers listeners some crucial insights into what makes the emcee tick. Over Dirty Rice‘s pensive keyboard/sample boardwork, he rhymes about the two things that motivate him above all else: his Christian faith and his musical hustle. Two fellow newcomers who share his priorities, Alex Faith and B.C., deliver guest 16s, and gospel/soul singer Sean C. Johnson lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling this up-and-comer’s potent combo of lyricism and spirituality? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further Murray Mondays highlights in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.