A Houston-born buzzmaker signed to indie label Collision Records, Dre Murray makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with the latest entry in his Murray Mondays series. As befitting a debut feature, Reality offers listeners some crucial insights into what makes the emcee tick. Over Dirty Rice‘s pensive keyboard/sample boardwork, he rhymes about the two things that motivate him above all else: his Christian faith and his musical hustle. Two fellow newcomers who share his priorities, Alex Faith and B.C., deliver guest 16s, and gospel/soul singer Sean C. Johnson lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling this up-and-comer’s potent combo of lyricism and spirituality? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further Murray Mondays highlights in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.