A Houston-born buzzmaker signed to indie label Collision Records, Dre Murray makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with the latest entry in his Murray Mondays series. As befitting a debut feature, Reality offers listeners some crucial insights into what makes the emcee tick. Over Dirty Rice‘s pensive keyboard/sample boardwork, he rhymes about the two things that motivate him above all else: his Christian faith and his musical hustle. Two fellow newcomers who share his priorities, Alex Faith and B.C., deliver guest 16s, and gospel/soul singer Sean C. Johnson lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling this up-and-comer’s potent combo of lyricism and spirituality? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further Murray Mondays highlights in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.