As anyone who knows their Greek legends (or who’s watched Clash of the Titans) is aware, the Medusa is a serpentine-coiffed female who turns any man who happens to catch a glimpse of her face to stone. To most guys, that wouldn’t exactly scream “girlfriend material”—but Booth newcomer DRE (not to be confused with Dr. Dre, Dre of Cool & Dre, Andre 3k, or any other “Dre” previously featured on our pages) ain’t most guys. On the Raleigh, North Carolina representative’s latest single, a dreamy instrumental by Freddie Joachim (Joey BADA$$, Chuwee) sets the mood for the emcee and singer’s mythologicaly-inspired recollections of an ex-girl he just can’t seem to get off his mind. Digging it? More awaits on DRE’s forthcoming GOLD mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally in December.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.