As anyone who knows their Greek legends (or who’s watched Clash of the Titans) is aware, the Medusa is a serpentine-coiffed female who turns any man who happens to catch a glimpse of her face to stone. To most guys, that wouldn’t exactly scream “girlfriend material”—but Booth newcomer DRE (not to be confused with Dr. Dre, Dre of Cool & Dre, Andre 3k, or any other “Dre” previously featured on our pages) ain’t most guys. On the Raleigh, North Carolina representative’s latest single, a dreamy instrumental by Freddie Joachim (Joey BADA$$, Chuwee) sets the mood for the emcee and singer’s mythologicaly-inspired recollections of an ex-girl he just can’t seem to get off his mind. Digging it? More awaits on DRE’s forthcoming GOLD mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally in December.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)