As anyone who knows their Greek legends (or who’s watched Clash of the Titans) is aware, the Medusa is a serpentine-coiffed female who turns any man who happens to catch a glimpse of her face to stone. To most guys, that wouldn’t exactly scream “girlfriend material”—but Booth newcomer DRE (not to be confused with Dr. Dre, Dre of Cool & Dre, Andre 3k, or any other “Dre” previously featured on our pages) ain’t most guys. On the Raleigh, North Carolina representative’s latest single, a dreamy instrumental by Freddie Joachim (Joey BADA$$, Chuwee) sets the mood for the emcee and singer’s mythologicaly-inspired recollections of an ex-girl he just can’t seem to get off his mind. Digging it? More awaits on DRE’s forthcoming GOLD mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally in December.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)