As anyone who knows their Greek legends (or who’s watched Clash of the Titans) is aware, the Medusa is a serpentine-coiffed female who turns any man who happens to catch a glimpse of her face to stone. To most guys, that wouldn’t exactly scream “girlfriend material”—but Booth newcomer DRE (not to be confused with Dr. Dre, Dre of Cool & Dre, Andre 3k, or any other “Dre” previously featured on our pages) ain’t most guys. On the Raleigh, North Carolina representative’s latest single, a dreamy instrumental by Freddie Joachim (Joey BADA$$, Chuwee) sets the mood for the emcee and singer’s mythologicaly-inspired recollections of an ex-girl he just can’t seem to get off his mind. Digging it? More awaits on DRE’s forthcoming GOLD mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally in December.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.