As anyone who knows their Greek legends (or who’s watched Clash of the Titans) is aware, the Medusa is a serpentine-coiffed female who turns any man who happens to catch a glimpse of her face to stone. To most guys, that wouldn’t exactly scream “girlfriend material”—but Booth newcomer DRE (not to be confused with Dr. Dre, Dre of Cool & Dre, Andre 3k, or any other “Dre” previously featured on our pages) ain’t most guys. On the Raleigh, North Carolina representative’s latest single, a dreamy instrumental by Freddie Joachim (Joey BADA$$, Chuwee) sets the mood for the emcee and singer’s mythologicaly-inspired recollections of an ex-girl he just can’t seem to get off his mind. Digging it? More awaits on DRE’s forthcoming GOLD mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally in December.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.