Earlier today, Dr. Dre rode into Compton on an real, live unicorn, holding aloft the Holy Grail (which was filled with water from the fabled Fountain of Youth), and spoke three words to the shocked onlookers: “Detox is real.” OK, OK, that might not have been exactly how it went down – but then again it may as well have been, considering the shockwave that went through the hip-hop nation when Kush, a now-confirmed track off the superproducer’s mythical junior set, leaked to the ‘net. Apparently the only weed-themed record on the project, this smokers’ anthem finds the West Coast mainstay cooking up a bouncing string/piano-loop backdrop for his own blunted rhymes, as well as those of an old friend; joining Dre to puff on the chronic once more is – who else? – Snoop
Dogg, who announces that he’s still “tighter than the pants on will.i.am” in his lazily-drawled 16. Akon rounds out the lineup, contributing a THC-drenched verse as well as a street-ready chorus. Does this joint give you high hopes for the endlessly-awaited album (now scheduled for release in December), or is it a puff-puff-pass? Ready… set… debate!
Written by richard on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce ft. Justin Timberlake, Dr. Dre & Missy Elliot" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.