When I see a track that has Dr. Dre’s name associated with Detox, I can’t help but roll my eyes. However, when I saw the names Eminem and Skylar Grey (co-writer of Love the Way You Lie) attached to new leak I Need a Doctor, I had to hear more. Shortly following previous leak Kush, Need a Doctor is produced by Alex Da Kid, who crafts a beat that features some heavy snare hits and low bass drums, with some poppy electronic synth sounds to keep the record Top 40 eligible. Although the effects are kind of cheesy, they serve their purpose as Grey unleashes a catchy hook while Eminem typically rips the mic. As far as Dre’s rapping, maybe the 10 year hiatus has me expecting his Chronic flow, but it feels like the good Dr. may have waited too long and lost his touch. Will Doctor appear on Detox, or the re-release of Eminem’s Recovery, as rumors suggest? Will Detox ever come out? Will mainstream America eat this song up or trash it? We’ve got questions, now let’s hear your answers.
Update: I Need a Doctor is the second single off Dre’s Detox.
Written by JRTheWriter on 11/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce ft. Justin Timberlake, Dr. Dre & Missy Elliot" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.