When I see a track that has Dr. Dre’s name associated with Detox, I can’t help but roll my eyes. However, when I saw the names Eminem and Skylar Grey (co-writer of Love the Way You Lie) attached to new leak I Need a Doctor, I had to hear more. Shortly following previous leak Kush, Need a Doctor is produced by Alex Da Kid, who crafts a beat that features some heavy snare hits and low bass drums, with some poppy electronic synth sounds to keep the record Top 40 eligible. Although the effects are kind of cheesy, they serve their purpose as Grey unleashes a catchy hook while Eminem typically rips the mic. As far as Dre’s rapping, maybe the 10 year hiatus has me expecting his Chronic flow, but it feels like the good Dr. may have waited too long and lost his touch. Will Doctor appear on Detox, or the re-release of Eminem’s Recovery, as rumors suggest? Will Detox ever come out? Will mainstream America eat this song up or trash it? We’ve got questions, now let’s hear your answers.
Update: I Need a Doctor is the second single off Dre’s Detox.
Written by JRTheWriter on 11/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce ft. Justin Timberlake, Dr. Dre & Missy Elliot" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.