In the grand scheme of unexpected samples Inland Empire representer and DJBooth Freestyle alum Dre Biggity’s using Queen’s The Show Must Go On to open his new, oddly titled On My Meet The Parents S**t, making it’s premier right here, right now, isn’t quite as unexpected as Haddaway sample popping up on Eminem’s No Love, but it’s up there. Luckily, if there’s any producer who could make a source like that work it’s Meet the Parent’s co-creator Best Kept Secret, who expertly flips Freddie Mercury’s plaintive intro in a dark, strings-driven, banger. Matching the beat note for note is Biggity, who builds on the success of previous efforts like On the Comedown with a complexly narrative flow you’ll need to listen to every word of. You might want to take notes, it’s about to get deep. Meet the Parents will appear on both Dre’s upcoming Diaper Dandy 2 mixtape (the sequel to Diaper Dandy, dropping on DJBooth October 25) and on the Booth-hosted Dre$tation 2K11 Demo Disc, a mixtape that will preview several of Dre’s upcoming projects. Got it? Good.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.