In the grand scheme of unexpected samples Inland Empire representer and DJBooth Freestyle alum Dre Biggity’s using Queen’s The Show Must Go On to open his new, oddly titled On My Meet The Parents S**t, making it’s premier right here, right now, isn’t quite as unexpected as Haddaway sample popping up on Eminem’s No Love, but it’s up there. Luckily, if there’s any producer who could make a source like that work it’s Meet the Parent’s co-creator Best Kept Secret, who expertly flips Freddie Mercury’s plaintive intro in a dark, strings-driven, banger. Matching the beat note for note is Biggity, who builds on the success of previous efforts like On the Comedown with a complexly narrative flow you’ll need to listen to every word of. You might want to take notes, it’s about to get deep. Meet the Parents will appear on both Dre’s upcoming Diaper Dandy 2 mixtape (the sequel to Diaper Dandy, dropping on DJBooth October 25) and on the Booth-hosted Dre$tation 2K11 Demo Disc, a mixtape that will preview several of Dre’s upcoming projects. Got it? Good.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.