If you’re going to remake (or at the least reinterpret) a classic hip-hop track like C.R.E.A.M. you better come with it, and thankfully DJBooth newcomer Dre Biggity does just that with his new homage to the original, CREAM (C.ops R.uin E.verything A.round M.e). Ain’t that the truth. Anyway, this time around the production is more soulful than gritty, floating above the fray on some quality production from Best Kept Secret that stays anchored in the streets by Dre’s solid lines: “Speakers bumpin crack coming through the tweaters, cops zoomin in the other lane, ruinin another day.” Joining Dre are his fellow Cali compatriots Diz Gibran and Fashawn, who more than hold their own. This version isn’t as good as the original – how could it be? – but it’s a more than worthy addition to the C.R.E.A.M. legacy. You can hear more from Dre when his possibly Dick Vitale inspired album The Diaper Dandy drops later this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pump Ya Brakes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.