If you’re going to remake (or at the least reinterpret) a classic hip-hop track like C.R.E.A.M. you better come with it, and thankfully DJBooth newcomer Dre Biggity does just that with his new homage to the original, CREAM (C.ops R.uin E.verything A.round M.e). Ain’t that the truth. Anyway, this time around the production is more soulful than gritty, floating above the fray on some quality production from Best Kept Secret that stays anchored in the streets by Dre’s solid lines: “Speakers bumpin crack coming through the tweaters, cops zoomin in the other lane, ruinin another day.” Joining Dre are his fellow Cali compatriots Diz Gibran and Fashawn, who more than hold their own. This version isn’t as good as the original – how could it be? – but it’s a more than worthy addition to the C.R.E.A.M. legacy. You can hear more from Dre when his possibly Dick Vitale inspired album The Diaper Dandy drops later this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/14/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pump Ya Brakes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.