If you’re going to remake (or at the least reinterpret) a classic hip-hop track like C.R.E.A.M. you better come with it, and thankfully DJBooth newcomer Dre Biggity does just that with his new homage to the original, CREAM (C.ops R.uin E.verything A.round M.e). Ain’t that the truth. Anyway, this time around the production is more soulful than gritty, floating above the fray on some quality production from Best Kept Secret that stays anchored in the streets by Dre’s solid lines: “Speakers bumpin crack coming through the tweaters, cops zoomin in the other lane, ruinin another day.” Joining Dre are his fellow Cali compatriots Diz Gibran and Fashawn, who more than hold their own. This version isn’t as good as the original – how could it be? – but it’s a more than worthy addition to the C.R.E.A.M. legacy. You can hear more from Dre when his possibly Dick Vitale inspired album The Diaper Dandy drops later this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pump Ya Brakes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.