Success, like marijuana, is a powerful intoxicant and, judging by mixtape leak On the Comedown (making its world premiere in the Booth!), West Coast up-and-comer Dre Biggity‘s been enjoying the effects of both. Here, the Inland Empire native delivers a dreamy account of how he went from “being bored every night, to boarding these flights.” It may take a few listens to fully catch Biggity’s lyrical drift (a few hits off the peace pipe definitely couldn’t hurt either), but those who follow his rhymes down their winding track will be rewarded, and Numonics’ hazy instrumental, centered around woozy string samples and an odd, meandering bassline, sounds just as fresh the second and third time around. Whether you’re stoned or straight, this track is a strange and intriguing ride. If Biggity keeps turning in innovative jams like this one, he’s got nowhere to go but up. Numonics’ Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills mixtape drops January 28, 2010, and fans can hear more from Dre Biggity on his Booth-sponsored Diaper Dandy mixtape, available for free download here.
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.