Success, like marijuana, is a powerful intoxicant and, judging by mixtape leak On the Comedown (making its world premiere in the Booth!), West Coast up-and-comer Dre Biggity‘s been enjoying the effects of both. Here, the Inland Empire native delivers a dreamy account of how he went from “being bored every night, to boarding these flights.” It may take a few listens to fully catch Biggity’s lyrical drift (a few hits off the peace pipe definitely couldn’t hurt either), but those who follow his rhymes down their winding track will be rewarded, and Numonics’ hazy instrumental, centered around woozy string samples and an odd, meandering bassline, sounds just as fresh the second and third time around. Whether you’re stoned or straight, this track is a strange and intriguing ride. If Biggity keeps turning in innovative jams like this one, he’s got nowhere to go but up. Numonics’ Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills mixtape drops January 28, 2010, and fans can hear more from Dre Biggity on his Booth-sponsored Diaper Dandy mixtape, available for free download here.
Listen to More: Dre Biggity
Written by richard on 12/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.