Drake may be on his Worst Behavior, but he’s certainly putting his best foot forward on the visual tip. Though previous singles Started From the Bottom and Hold On, We’re Going Home spawned some epic, out-the-box videos, the cinematic accompaniment to his latest release is, without a doubt, the biggest and craziest yet. To accompany the DJ Dahi-produced cut, director X has created a 10-minute mini-movie featuring a bluesy opening number, Aubrey Graham’s father lip-syncing along to his son’s bars, a comedic sketch starring Juicy J and Project Pat, a human-sized OVO owl and so much more. Still haven’t copped Drake’s latest opus? Released in September via YMCMB/Universal Motown, Nothing Was the Same is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Three albums into his career and Drake is inarguably a rap superstar, maybe rap’s top superstar. But I’m not really sure why. I mean, I know why – he makes hits, the ladies love him, etc. – but I don’t know WHY....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.