If you would, Booth readers, bow your heads for a brief moment of silence… OK, we’re good. What were we solemnly commemorating just now? Drake‘s domination of the hip-hop game, of course. On a loosie freestyle, the Young Money heavyweight transforms We Made It, a standout off Soulja Boy‘s recent The King mixtape, into a paean to his success, and the luxurious lifestyle it’s enabled him to lead. PurpDogg‘s brass fanfare and slow-rolling trap percussion (garnished with a few samples from Eastbound and Down) set the mood as Aubrey Graham takes his lyrical victory lap. Notably, he reveals on the front that his new girl’s not a stripper or a Hooters waitress: “She say she workin’ for Walgreens, not at the store at the head office.” This freestyle is the first of “four or five records” the artist plans to release this week, in honor of the New Year. As always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)