If you would, Booth readers, bow your heads for a brief moment of silence… OK, we’re good. What were we solemnly commemorating just now? Drake‘s domination of the hip-hop game, of course. On a loosie freestyle, the Young Money heavyweight transforms We Made It, a standout off Soulja Boy‘s recent The King mixtape, into a paean to his success, and the luxurious lifestyle it’s enabled him to lead. PurpDogg‘s brass fanfare and slow-rolling trap percussion (garnished with a few samples from Eastbound and Down) set the mood as Aubrey Graham takes his lyrical victory lap. Notably, he reveals on the front that his new girl’s not a stripper or a Hooters waitress: “She say she workin’ for Walgreens, not at the store at the head office.” This freestyle is the first of “four or five records” the artist plans to release this week, in honor of the New Year. As always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)