If you would, Booth readers, bow your heads for a brief moment of silence… OK, we’re good. What were we solemnly commemorating just now? Drake‘s domination of the hip-hop game, of course. On a loosie freestyle, the Young Money heavyweight transforms We Made It, a standout off Soulja Boy‘s recent The King mixtape, into a paean to his success, and the luxurious lifestyle it’s enabled him to lead. PurpDogg‘s brass fanfare and slow-rolling trap percussion (garnished with a few samples from Eastbound and Down) set the mood as Aubrey Graham takes his lyrical victory lap. Notably, he reveals on the front that his new girl’s not a stripper or a Hooters waitress: “She say she workin’ for Walgreens, not at the store at the head office.” This freestyle is the first of “four or five records” the artist plans to release this week, in honor of the New Year. As always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.