If you would, Booth readers, bow your heads for a brief moment of silence… OK, we’re good. What were we solemnly commemorating just now? Drake‘s domination of the hip-hop game, of course. On a loosie freestyle, the Young Money heavyweight transforms We Made It, a standout off Soulja Boy‘s recent The King mixtape, into a paean to his success, and the luxurious lifestyle it’s enabled him to lead. PurpDogg‘s brass fanfare and slow-rolling trap percussion (garnished with a few samples from Eastbound and Down) set the mood as Aubrey Graham takes his lyrical victory lap. Notably, he reveals on the front that his new girl’s not a stripper or a Hooters waitress: “She say she workin’ for Walgreens, not at the store at the head office.” This freestyle is the first of “four or five records” the artist plans to release this week, in honor of the New Year. As always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for more.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.