We interrupt your regularly-scheduled programming for a breaking story: Young Money megastar Drake has Trust Issues when it comes to women. Also, the sky is blue, water is wet and the Pope is Catholic. OK, so Drizzy’s romantic anomie has been the theme of much of his work. That doesn’t mean, however, that listeners won’t line up to hear about it all once again on this unreleased cut, debuted this morning on the artist’s blog. Noah “40” Shebib and Adrian X collide behind the boards, kicking the cut off with a musical quote from Khaled‘s I’m on One (which 40 co-produced). Over their moody synth arrangement, Drake reminds us that mega-stardom often leads to mega-insecurity, sounding self-aware yet emotionally paralyzed as he once again puts himself under the microscope: “I don’t really give a f*ck and my excuse is that I’m young / and I’m only getting older…” There’s no word on whether this joint is attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can stay tuned to DJBooth.net for everything Drizzy—including all the latest on sophomore set Take Care.
Written by richard on 06/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)