We interrupt your regularly-scheduled programming for a breaking story: Young Money megastar Drake has Trust Issues when it comes to women. Also, the sky is blue, water is wet and the Pope is Catholic. OK, so Drizzy’s romantic anomie has been the theme of much of his work. That doesn’t mean, however, that listeners won’t line up to hear about it all once again on this unreleased cut, debuted this morning on the artist’s blog. Noah “40” Shebib and Adrian X collide behind the boards, kicking the cut off with a musical quote from Khaled‘s I’m on One (which 40 co-produced). Over their moody synth arrangement, Drake reminds us that mega-stardom often leads to mega-insecurity, sounding self-aware yet emotionally paralyzed as he once again puts himself under the microscope: “I don’t really give a f*ck and my excuse is that I’m young / and I’m only getting older…” There’s no word on whether this joint is attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can stay tuned to DJBooth.net for everything Drizzy—including all the latest on sophomore set Take Care.
Written by richard on 06/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.