We interrupt your regularly-scheduled programming for a breaking story: Young Money megastar Drake has Trust Issues when it comes to women. Also, the sky is blue, water is wet and the Pope is Catholic. OK, so Drizzy’s romantic anomie has been the theme of much of his work. That doesn’t mean, however, that listeners won’t line up to hear about it all once again on this unreleased cut, debuted this morning on the artist’s blog. Noah “40” Shebib and Adrian X collide behind the boards, kicking the cut off with a musical quote from Khaled‘s I’m on One (which 40 co-produced). Over their moody synth arrangement, Drake reminds us that mega-stardom often leads to mega-insecurity, sounding self-aware yet emotionally paralyzed as he once again puts himself under the microscope: “I don’t really give a f*ck and my excuse is that I’m young / and I’m only getting older…” There’s no word on whether this joint is attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can stay tuned to DJBooth.net for everything Drizzy—including all the latest on sophomore set Take Care.
Written by richard on 06/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.