We interrupt your regularly-scheduled programming for a breaking story: Young Money megastar Drake has Trust Issues when it comes to women. Also, the sky is blue, water is wet and the Pope is Catholic. OK, so Drizzy’s romantic anomie has been the theme of much of his work. That doesn’t mean, however, that listeners won’t line up to hear about it all once again on this unreleased cut, debuted this morning on the artist’s blog. Noah “40” Shebib and Adrian X collide behind the boards, kicking the cut off with a musical quote from Khaled‘s I’m on One (which 40 co-produced). Over their moody synth arrangement, Drake reminds us that mega-stardom often leads to mega-insecurity, sounding self-aware yet emotionally paralyzed as he once again puts himself under the microscope: “I don’t really give a f*ck and my excuse is that I’m young / and I’m only getting older…” There’s no word on whether this joint is attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can stay tuned to DJBooth.net for everything Drizzy—including all the latest on sophomore set Take Care.
Written by richard on 06/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.