Earlier this morning, we brought y’all We Made It [Freestyle], the first of “four or five” tracks Drake plans to liberate in celebration of the New Year. Numero dos, the just-released Trophies, follows closely in its predecessor’s footsteps, featuring bold, brass-driven boardwork and triumphant lyrics. Over the majestic fanfare of Hit-Boy, Rey Real and HAGLER & 40, Drizzy pats himself on the back for his (allegedly) thankless labors in the game: “I’m just tryin’ to stay alive and take care of my people… they don’t have no awards for that.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; we’ll be featuring more freebies from the YMCMB megastar over the course of the week.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.