Earlier this morning, we brought y’all We Made It [Freestyle], the first of “four or five” tracks Drake plans to liberate in celebration of the New Year. Numero dos, the just-released Trophies, follows closely in its predecessor’s footsteps, featuring bold, brass-driven boardwork and triumphant lyrics. Over the majestic fanfare of Hit-Boy, Rey Real and HAGLER & 40, Drizzy pats himself on the back for his (allegedly) thankless labors in the game: “I’m just tryin’ to stay alive and take care of my people… they don’t have no awards for that.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; we’ll be featuring more freebies from the YMCMB megastar over the course of the week.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.