Earlier this morning, we brought y’all We Made It [Freestyle], the first of “four or five” tracks Drake plans to liberate in celebration of the New Year. Numero dos, the just-released Trophies, follows closely in its predecessor’s footsteps, featuring bold, brass-driven boardwork and triumphant lyrics. Over the majestic fanfare of Hit-Boy, Rey Real and HAGLER & 40, Drizzy pats himself on the back for his (allegedly) thankless labors in the game: “I’m just tryin’ to stay alive and take care of my people… they don’t have no awards for that.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; we’ll be featuring more freebies from the YMCMB megastar over the course of the week.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.