With the release date of Drake‘s hotly anticipated sophomore album Take Care looming closer, he knows his loyal subjects are becoming anxious. In an unprecedented act of benevolence, Drake has unleashed a new record, The Motto, unto the masses via his October’s Very Own blog. While it won’t be featured on Take Care, it IS an exclusive iTunes bonus track - don’t say Drizzy never gave you anything! Our friend Aubrey (I like to call him “Aubs”) is joined by label mate and frequent collaborator Lil Wayne on Motto and they continue their hip hop bromance (along with Tyga) over producer T-Minus’ trunk rattling bassline and choppy hi-hats. Drake lets the cocky, materialistic, I-don’t-give-a-f*ck-about-a-@*#$! side of his persona shine like a beacon to all the emo thugs who were bumping Marvin’s Room while they posted up with their homies. Drake isn’t on that anymore, so try to keep up as he follows Weezy in all of his eccentric and decadent ways. Take Care drops on November 15, so the wait is almost over. In the meantime, break your neck to this and keep it locked on DJBooth for more in the very near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.