With the release date of Drake‘s hotly anticipated sophomore album Take Care looming closer, he knows his loyal subjects are becoming anxious. In an unprecedented act of benevolence, Drake has unleashed a new record, The Motto, unto the masses via his October’s Very Own blog. While it won’t be featured on Take Care, it IS an exclusive iTunes bonus track - don’t say Drizzy never gave you anything! Our friend Aubrey (I like to call him “Aubs”) is joined by label mate and frequent collaborator Lil Wayne on Motto and they continue their hip hop bromance (along with Tyga) over producer T-Minus’ trunk rattling bassline and choppy hi-hats. Drake lets the cocky, materialistic, I-don’t-give-a-f*ck-about-a-bitch side of his persona shine like a beacon to all the emo thugs who were bumping Marvin’s Room while they posted up with their homies. Drake isn’t on that anymore, so try to keep up as he follows Weezy in all of his eccentric and decadent ways. Take Care drops on November 15, so the wait is almost over. In the meantime, break your neck to this and keep it locked on DJBooth for more in the very near future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.