Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
It might very well seem like just yesterday that Drake released Take Care, but it’s actually been 14 months and counting since the YMCMB artist delivered his sophomore album to the masses. Fortunately, fans of the Toronto native need not wait another second for a first taste off his forthcoming third studio album. “It has truly been too long. I assume you’re all keeping well and making the most of this year that has been given to us. Today is the day to begin sharing my newest work with you,” said Drake, through a message on his website. Started From The Bottom finds the A-lister donning his rapper hat, peppering laid back bars with a casual confidence, while reminding listeners about his journey through the industry from his humble beginnings. Producer Mike Zombie provides the song’s boardwork, staying far out of the reach of Drake’s spotlight and in the process maximum spins at radio. “I think it’s safe to say we’re back together again.” Indeed Drake, so what is up your sleeve next? Keep it locked to The Booth for all the latest on Drake’s forthcoming, currently-untitled and unscheduled LP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Drake’s Director X co-directed Started From The Bottom visual.
Written by DJ Z on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.