Earlier this weekend, Drake released a loose freestyle, Jodeci, featuring fellow star J.Cole. Sure, why not drop an unreleased freebie with the hottest emcee in the game right now; ho hum. For greedy fans who’re fiendin’ for something from his forthcoming album, Drake has something for you too; The Motion. On The Motion the Toronto native is accompanied by Sampha, who (along with 40) cooks up the succulent beat hosting an airy foundation laden with various synths and chimes that give it a dripping, cloudy vibe; Sampha even adds some background vocals to give the cut an even hazier vibe. Drake incorporates his typical, sung-rapped style, but his cadence is different, giving this effort a refreshing, energetic vibe. Drizzy’s third studio album, Nothing Was The Same, is not due out until September, but if this weekend is any indication of what’s to come, he will have plenty more for us before the fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.