Earlier this weekend, Drake released a loose freestyle, Jodeci, featuring fellow star J.Cole. Sure, why not drop an unreleased freebie with the hottest emcee in the game right now; ho hum. For greedy fans who’re fiendin’ for something from his forthcoming album, Drake has something for you too; The Motion. On The Motion the Toronto native is accompanied by Sampha, who (along with 40) cooks up the succulent beat hosting an airy foundation laden with various synths and chimes that give it a dripping, cloudy vibe; Sampha even adds some background vocals to give the cut an even hazier vibe. Drake incorporates his typical, sung-rapped style, but his cadence is different, giving this effort a refreshing, energetic vibe. Drizzy’s third studio album, Nothing Was The Same, is not due out until September, but if this weekend is any indication of what’s to come, he will have plenty more for us before the fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!