If the hype is to be believed, Drake’s debut album Thank Me Later will sell approximately eleven billion copies, cure cancer and reverse global warming when it’s released. Well, I’ll be damned if Drizzy might just end up doing it, especially if the whole album sounds like Miss Me. First and foremost, just like he did on Not Afraid, Boi-1da - with some help from Noah “40” Shebib - crafts an instantly addictive beat that Drake uses to spit rhymes about weed, guns, strippers and cash (we’re a long way from Degrassi), and does so with legitimate skill. And as long as Drake was blowing money he might as well bring in his Cash Money mentor Lil Wayne for a frankly subpar guest verse. Who thought we’d see the day Drizzy out-rhymed Weezy? As always, I’m sure folks will find plenty to complain about (see the comments below), but as far as I’m concerned, this is Thank Me Later’s best yet. The most anticipated album of the year drops on June 15. Prepare yourself accordingly.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.