Despite being a one-off release unattached to any project, unreleased joint Dreams Money Can Buy made an explosive impact when Drake dropped it back in late May. Thus, it should surprise absolutely no one that the first leak off the Young Money megastar’s sophomore LP has set the net on fire—literally. OK, not literally literally (If there’s smoke pouring from your PC, the problem’s on your end), but I’m just sayin’: Marvin’s Room is a Big Deal. Similar in theme to the aforementioned joint, this moody selection finds Drizzy parlaying the ennui that’s plagued him ever since he got his first taste of success into some serious soul-searching. Over Noah “40” Shebib‘s hazy, pulsing synth backdrop, complete with a disarmingly pretty keyboard outro, Drake puts his careless conduct with females under the microscope, admitting, “I don’t think I’m conscious of makin’ monsters out of the women I sponsor till it all goes bad.” Heavy subject matter, to be sure, but if there’s one man who can make guilty self-reflection sound seductive, Audrey Graham is he. Take Care is currently scheduled for release October 24, and fans can expect a lead single to drop sometime in July.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.