Despite being a one-off release unattached to any project, unreleased joint Dreams Money Can Buy made an explosive impact when Drake dropped it back in late May. Thus, it should surprise absolutely no one that the first leak off the Young Money megastar’s sophomore LP has set the net on fire—literally. OK, not literally literally (If there’s smoke pouring from your PC, the problem’s on your end), but I’m just sayin’: Marvin’s Room is a Big Deal. Similar in theme to the aforementioned joint, this moody selection finds Drizzy parlaying the ennui that’s plagued him ever since he got his first taste of success into some serious soul-searching. Over Noah “40” Shebib‘s hazy, pulsing synth backdrop, complete with a disarmingly pretty keyboard outro, Drake puts his careless conduct with females under the microscope, admitting, “I don’t think I’m conscious of makin’ monsters out of the women I sponsor till it all goes bad.” Heavy subject matter, to be sure, but if there’s one man who can make guilty self-reflection sound seductive, Audrey Graham is he. Take Care is currently scheduled for release October 24, and fans can expect a lead single to drop sometime in July.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)